How long does it take for circumcision to heal fully?
Circumcision is the surgical process in which the foreskin, the fold of skin that covers the head of the penis, is removed. The procedure is conducted for cultural, religious, or personal reasons. It is usually performed on newborn males in the hospital soon after their birth, but can also be done on older boys or adult men. There are many conditions that can cause discomfort and require circumcision as a treatment. Before starting the treatment, you must check reviews and Circumcision costs in Chennai to opt for affordable and the best treatment.
Conditions responsible for circumcision include:
- When the foreskin becomes too tight and becomes difficult to pull it back over the head
of the penis. The condition is known as Phimosis
- Paraphimosis is a condition that happens when the foreskin becomes trapped behind
the head of the penis and does not return to its normal position
- The inflammation of the head of the penis is also known as balanitis
- Repeated infections of the foreskin or head of the penis
- Poor hygiene
Types of circumcision surgeries and their recovery time
Also known as the conventional method of circumcision, this surgical method is performed
under local anesthesia and takes about 30 to 60 minutes to complete. Most men can return to
normal activities within 1-2 weeks after open circumcision, but it takes about 4-6 weeks for the
wound to heal completely when done as Sunnath operation in Chennai.
ZSR (Zhengzhou Staple Remover) or stapler
This method uses a surgical stapler called the ZSR stapler to remove the foreskin. Stapler
Circumcision treatment in Chennai is less traumatic than the conventional method and can be
The best stapler circumcision treatment causes minimal bleeding and discomfort, and is
suitable for males of all ages. Recovery time can vary depending on factors such as age and
overall health but typically takes 7 to 14 days for the wound to heal completely. Yet, the stapler
circumcision surgery cost may vary as per hospitals or cities. Thus, you must inquire
appropriately before starting the treatment.
A laser beam is used in this method to remove the foreskin during circumcision. It can be done
in a shorter time than the conventional method and causes less bleeding and less damage to
the tissues. Laser Circumcision treatment takes 7 to 14 days for the wound to heal, and
patients may experience discomfort, swelling, and redness in the first few days, but it reduces
Tips for recovery after circumcision include:
- Maintain hygiene by gently cleaning the circumcision site with soap and water and drying it gently.
- Use a dressing or bandage to cover the area.
- Take pain relief medication if needed.
- Keep the area dry and avoid soaking it in water.
- Wearing comfortable, loose-fitting clothing to prevent chafing and rubbing against the area.
- Avoid strenuous activities, sports or heavy lifting.
- Being patient as healing takes time
Every person’s healing process is different and depends on various factors. For a clear idea about circumcision, it is recommended to consult the best circumcision clinic in Chennai.