Circumcision is the removal of the foreskin of the penis, which is the skin that covers the pennis’ head when gently pushed back. When a baby is born, the foreskin is fully attached to the penis. Over time, the foreskin can dislodge from the glans and retract. However, The foreskin may not separate when it should be stretched. This condition is called phimosis.
In most cases, phimosis can only be corrected by circumcision or further intervention. This practice is ancient and has its origin in religious beliefs too. Even today, many parents have their sons circumcised for religious and other reasons. The entire surgery is relatively simple under the guidance of a healthcare professional. There is the Best circumcision clinic in Chennai which not only provides the best treatment but guides you through the entire procedure.
Reasons why men have circumcision-
- Tight foreskin (phimosis)- In phimosis, the foreskin is too tight to pull back onto the glans head. When the penis is upright, this might cause pain and, in rare situations, make it difficult to pee. You will find the Best Phimosis treatment in Chennai which will provide you with the appropriate treatment.
- Recurrent balanitis- Balanitis causes the foreskin and head of the penis to become inflamed and infected.
- Paraphimosis– With paraphimosis, the foreskin cannot be returned to its original position after contraction, causing the head of the penis to swell and hurt. In such conditions, immediate treatment is necessary.
- Balanitis xerotica obliterans- Phimosis is caused by this condition, which may lead to inflammation of the glans and possible scarring.
- Penile cancer- Red spots, warts, or ulcers may appear on or around the penis or under the foreskin due to penile cancer, a very rare type of cancer.
In case you find any of these difficulties, you must find the Best circumcision clinic in Chennai with experienced doctors to perform the surgery. The surgery is performed under anaesthesia and needs care after surgery.
Post-circumcision complications for medical reasons are rare and most men do not experience significant problems. The two most common complications related to circumcision, besides the initial swelling, are bleeding and infection. Few other risks may include:
- Permanent lessening in sensation in the head of the penis, specifically during sex
- Tenderness around the scar
- Occasionally another operation is needed to remove some more skin from around the head of the penis
- The wound does not cure adequately.
- It is common to lose blood and bleed.
- Meatal stenosis occurs in which it compels the urinary stream to be covered up upward.
- Urinary tube damage affects the urethra, which transports urine through the penis. The result is difficulty urinating.
- Amputation of the head of the penis.
- Blood infection or poisoning, known as septicaemia, may develop.
- Further, minor surgery may be required to reattach the foreskin to the penis left behind.
- Penis’ feelings may be diminished, especially during intercourse.
However, to avoid complications, you can choose the best stapler circumcision surgery in Tambaram, Chennai that will treat circumcision problems with lesser risks. If a qualified medical professional carries out the procedure in a hygienic environment, the risks are minimalistic.