Infant circumcision, also known as neonatal circumcision, is a surgical procedure in which the foreskin of a male infant’s penis is removed at an early age. This procedure is typically performed in the first few days or weeks after birth and is done for cultural, religious, or medical reasons.
The decision to circumcise should be made on a case-by-case basis, after knowing the potential risks and benefits. It is crucial to visit the best circumcision clinic in Chennai for further assistance.
There are several methods of infant circumcision. Before deciding to undergo a specific circumcision, it is necessary to check the Circumcision cost in Chennai for the below-mentioned methods.
- Conventional surgical circumcision: It involves using a scalpel or surgical scissors to cut and remove the foreskin. The wound is then closed using sutures or dissolvable stitches.
- Gomco clamp circumcision: This method uses a specially designed clamp to hold the foreskin in place while it is removed. The clamp is then removed, and the wound is closed using sutures.
- Plastibell circumcision: This method involves placing a plastic ring around the foreskin, cutting off circulation to the area, and allowing the foreskin to gradually fall off over a few days.
- Stapler circumcision: Best Stapler Circumcision method involves using a ZSR stapler to remove the foreskin. The device uses staples to close the wound, eliminating the need for sutures. It will be best to check Stapler Circumcision treatment in Chennai. You must check stapler circumcision surgery costs beforehand.
- Laser treatment: This method uses a laser to remove the foreskin. Laser circumcision treatment is a relatively new method of circumcision and is becoming more popular because it offers several advantages over traditional surgical methods including improved safety, reduced pain, lesser risk of infections, and quick recovery time.
As all of the methods involve surgery and is the recommended to be treated by experts at Sunnath operation in Chennai.
The recovery time for infant circumcision can vary depending on the specific method used. Generally, it takes around 7 to 10 days for the circumcision site to heal completely.
Benefits of circumcision
- Reduced risk of urinary tract infections
Circumcision reduces the risk of urinary tract infections in male infants. This is because the foreskin can trap bacteria, which can lead to infections.
- Reduced risk of sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
Circumcision has been shown to reduce the risk of certain STIs, including HIV. This is because the foreskin can also trap and spread infection.
- Easier hygiene
Circumcision makes it easier to keep the penis clean, as there is no foreskin to clean.
- Reduced risk of penile cancer
Circumcision has been associated with a reduced risk of penile cancer, a rare but serious type of cancer that can affect the penis.
It’s essential to note that the benefits of circumcision are not without controversy, and some people argue that the procedure is unnecessary or even harmful. Ultimately, the decision to circumcise an infant should be made on with careful understanding and consultation with a healthcare provider.