Sunnath Operation or Circumcision is a surgical procedure that involves removing the foreskin on the penis. Sunnath surgery may be opted for various reasons and at different points of life by people. Some may get it done for religious reasons while others may get it done for medical or health-related reasons. Circumcision is a very common practice in the United States and Middle Eastern countries.
What is Sunnath Operation/Circumcision?
Sunnath Surgery / Circumcision is the process of removing the foreskin on the penis head. This is best done during infancy or during adolescent age than when the person is an adult. Though the procedure is the same, the recovery time taken in infants and adolescents is shorter.
Why do men opt for circumcision?
- Religious Faith – Many religions in the world advise a man to get circumcised.
- Medical Conditions – Such as tight foreskin or balanitis which doesn’t allow the foreskin to move freely from and to the penis head.
- Pre-emptive care – Removing foreskin can help reduce the chances of contracting sexually transmitted infections. Also, the chances of deposition of smegma under the foreskin that can lead to several other diseases drop drastically with the removal of the foreskin.
- As a treatment for Premature Ejaculation. Men suffering from premature ejaculation may get circumcised so that it helps in reducing the sensitivity of the penis glans and delay their ejaculation time.
What are the benefits of Circumcision?
- Circumcision may reduce the risk of penile cancer (typically that starts from the penile foreskin and spreads), Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs), and Sexually Transmitted Infections.
- Avoid or treat the conditions such as phimosis and Paraphimosis. Phimosis is a condition when the person is not able to pull the foreskin behind the head of the penis. Paraphimosis is the opposite condition of phimosis, wherein the skin doesn’t come back onto the head of the penis. These are painful conditions that in some cases be treated with creams or gels. But circumcision is a permanent treatment option to get rid of these problems forever.
- Treatment of Posthitis and Balanoposthitis. Posthitis is the inflammation of the foreskin and balanoposthitis is the inflammation of both the foreskin and the head of the penis. When men frequently experience any of these conditions, circumcision is the preferred treatment option.
- Tearing of foreskin. The foreskin may tear during rough masturbation or sex. It is better to get rid of the foreskin than removing it in such cases, depending on the preference of the doctor and the patient.
What are the popular procedures to perform sunnath surgery?
Following are types of procedures that can be adopted to remove the foreskin:
- Plastibell method – Usually employed to remove foreskin in babies. A plastic device known as Plastibell (that is the shape of a bell) is used.
- Gomco Clamp method – A tool called the Gomco bell and clamp is used to perform the procedure.
- Morgen Clamp Technique – A shield and a clamp are used in this method. The foreskin is separated from the head of the penis with a probe.
- Dorsal Slit – This is a common method used when the glans of the penis is inflamed due to balanitis or any infection.
- Stapler Circumcision – The most popular method to perform circumcision. In this method, a device called ‘Stapler’ is used by the surgeon. This method is employed in babies as well as adults. It starts with measuring the size of the penis. Your urologist then disinfects the penis head and the skin. An inner bell is placed inside the foreskin (on top of the penis glans). Then an outer bell is placed on top of the penis and when it is put in the right position, the doctor squeezes the handles/prongs of the outer bell. This cuts off the penis foreskin that is in between the inner and the outer bell. This also seals the skin on the penis resulting in lower blood loss and helps in quicker recovery.
What is the cost of sunnath operation or Circumcision in Chennai?
The cost of Sunnath Operation varies from clinic to clinic as there is no set benchmark or a cap on it in countries like India. Most often, the cost will vary depending on the hygiene maintained by the hospital and the experience of the doctors.
Looking for cheap sunnath operation clinics or some doctor who can do it at cheap costs can sometimes cost your life. Every surgery involves risk but when done in unhygienic conditions or by an inexperienced doctor, the risks outweigh the rewards for which you may have to repent for life.
Sunnath operation can be done at any time during a man’s life but it is best to get it done during infancy because the recovery time is very less relatively. There are many benefits of getting circumcised and medical professionals feel that the surgery is surely worth considering when compared to the risk of acquiring sexually transmitted diseases or developing penile cancer. Consider a good circumcision clinic with experienced sexologists to get sunnath operations done rather than putting the cost first.