A circumcision is the removal of the foreskin, which is the skin that covers the head of the penis. The procedure is usually performed on new-born boys for religious or cultural reasons, but it can also be done for medical reasons. The most common medical reason for circumcision in men is to treat phimosis, which is a condition in which the foreskin is too tight to be pulled back from the head of the penis. This medical condition can be best treated at an experienced centre like the Chennai Circumcision for Adults.
The benefits of circumcision
There are many benefits to circumcision, both for baby boys and their families.
- Circumcision can help reduce the risk of certain infections and diseases, including UTIs and cancer.
- It can help improve hygiene and keep the penis clean and healthy.
- Decreases the risk of certain STDs.
- Decreased risk of penile cancer.
- It also helps to prevent penial problems.
Recovery from circumcision is typically quick and easy, with most babies only needing a few days to heal. The circumcision hospital in Chennai ensures that your kid faces no or minimum difficulties during the recovery period. They will help you with all medical assistance.
Recovery from circumcision
The recovery process is typically short and relatively painless. However, there are a few things that you will be asked to do for quick healing at home so you can return to work, or even have sex. Here are a few tips:
- The process of healing can take at least 10 days. For 3 to 4 days you may experience some swelling or discomfort around the head of your penis.
- You must be resting in bed for at least 1 week and avoid work.
- Before you start driving you must be confident you’re fit to do so.
- You will be given details about your follow-up appointments with your doctor or hospital.
- You may be given painkiller medicines.
- Apply Vaseline or jelly on the top of your penis to stop it from sticking to your underwear.
- Make sure that you wear loose-fitting clothing to prevent any chaffing or irritation.
- While you should avoid sexual intercourse for at least four to six weeks after the procedure, that is not the only activity you should avoid. You should also avoid strenuous exercise and excessive sun exposure to prevent any chaffing or irritation.
- You must not be feeling any discomfort or pain while doing urine, but if so, you must contact your doctor.
The risks of circumcision
While circumcision is a common procedure with few risks, some potential complications can occur.
The most common complication is swelling, bleeding, or infection. Swelling is the most common problem that arises after the surgery. However, there are very minim chances of bleeding and infection.
Other complications or risks include:
- Sensation reduction in the head of the penis, even during sex.
- Stitches to be removed that hasn’t been dissolved
- Sometimes you may need another surgery to remove the skin around the penis.
- Tenderness around the scar.
In case of any severe complications or difficulties, you must reach out to your specialist who has conducted your Circumcision in Chennai or others.