Where can I get circumcised in Chennai?
Before we zero in on the best clinic or hospital in Chennai to get circumcised, let us understand what circumcision is, why and how it is done at Chennai Circumcision Clinic.
What is Circumcision?
Circumcision is the process of removal of foreskin from the glans of the penis. Circumcision is done for various reasons including:
- Religious practice where men belonging to a particular religion get circumcised at adolescent age.
- Health related reasons – Circumcision lowers the chances of contracting sexually transmitted infections. So, some men go for circumcision in their adult stage.
- Medical reasons – Some men may suffer from medical conditions such as phimosis, paraphimosis, balanitis, short fraenulum (Fraenulum breve) etc. In such cases they opt to get their foreskin on the penis removed.
- Because his woman prefers it – Yes, some women want their male partners circumcised.
What are the different techniques used for circumcision?
- Plastibell method – a circumcision method used to remove the foreskin for babies. A bell shaped device called plastibell is used in this process.
- Gomco Clamp method – Gomco clamp method is most preferred option for circumcision in the US. It is relatively quick and results in less blood loss. In this method, a device called ‘Gomco Bell’ and a ‘Clamp’ is used to perform the surgery.
- Moregen Clamp Technique – a shield and clamp are used in this process. The foreskin is held with the clamp and using a scalpel the doctor cuts away the forekin on the penis. There is no stitching required in this process. Bandage will be applied to stop bleeding and to heal.
- Dorsal Slit –This method is used when the glans is inflamed due to balanitis or other infection. The skin is slit by inserting a surgical scissor and then removed.
- Stapler Circumcision – This is one preferred procedure at Chennai Circumcision Clinic. In this procedure, the device used is called a ‘Stapler’. This has two parts, one that goes inside the foreskin and sits on the glans and the other part goes around (over) the foreskin on the penis. This effectively holds the extra skin which is stapled/cut. This is a safer procedure considering that the glans of the penis is not affected at all during the procedure. A bandage is then tied to the penis for healing.
How to choose the right clinic/hospital for Circumcision?
If you think you or your baby has to get circumcised, the next thing you do typically is, visit google and ask for the best doctor to perform circumcision (If you do not have a family doctor who can give you a good reference). Google then shows the results by popularity. Here is where you need to carefully review the doctors and their experience in performing their procedure. With the intent of becoming popular on Google and other search engines, many doctors are putting up fake reviews on Google, number of surgeries on their website etc. You can consider those reviews but with a pinch of salt. You need to go through the positive as well as the negative reviews of patients. Note that there is no 10/10 ideal doctor in the world.
You then have to go and read the profile of the doctor, learn about his/her training and experience. You can call him/her up for an appointment and proceed with your surgery. At Chennai Circumcision Clinic, our sexologists and sex therapists are highly experienced and have been treating patients in Chennai for the past 26 years. They are trained in various circumcision techniques and can perform the operation with utmost perfection and with minimal blood loss. They can also suggest you the right procedure for you and take care of you until you are completely healed without any complications.
To make an appointment for circumcision at Chennai Circumcision Clinic, please call us at +91 790 401 6493.